The below information was written by our personal injury lawyers in Virginia Beach.
In cases involving a negligent driver, an injured person is usually entitled to compensation for the following to the extent they are caused by the accident:
(1) any bodily injuries the injured person sustained and their effect on his or her health according to their degree and probable duration;
(2) any physical pain and mental anguish suffered by the injured person in the past and may reasonably be expected to suffer in the future;
(3) any disfigurement or deformity suffered and any associated humiliation or embarrassment;
(4) any inconvenience caused in the past and any that probably will be caused in the future;
(5) any medical expenses incurred in the past and any that may be reasonably expected to occur in the future;
(6) any earnings lost by the injured person because of his or her inability to work at his or her calling; and
(7) any loss of earnings by the injured person and/or lessening of earning capacity that he or she may reasonably be expected to sustain in the future.
Waiting can hurt your case. To find out how our personal injury lawyers in Virginia Beach can help you, please contact us at (757) 486-2700.
Personal injury lawyers in Virginia Beach serving all of Hampton Roads.